Search and Use Translation Memory
This article is for Translators and Editors.
In addition to viewing previous translations for similar strings (fuzzy matches) in the Language Resources panel of the CAT tool, you can search all of the available translation memory to see past translations for any string, in any target language.
You can perform different types of searches, for example:
- A phrase search such as: hello world
- An exact search (using quotation marks) such as: "hello world"
- Case sensitive versus case insensitive search
Search Translation Memory
- From the CAT tool, click Search TM.
- Select a target language from the drop down menu.
- Enter keywords in the search field and press Enter.
Display String Details
The TM search results display details about the translated string, such as:
- The name of the Translator along with the respective TM
- The date that the TM was last modified
- Whether or not the string has been published
Insert TM Search Result
Clicking the down arrow beside a string in the TM search results will insert the translation into the target segment for the string you are working on.
Smartling also displays a machine translation (MT) for each string in the Language Resources panel. Click on the MT string to insert it into the translation column of the string you are working on.