Move a Job to a Different Workflow
This article is for Account Owners and Project Managers.
If your workflow requirements or timeline change, you may need to move the contents of a Job into a different workflow after it as been authorized. To do this:
- Go to Projects (select a project) > Content > Translations.
- Click the drop down menu from the Search field.
- Click the Job field to show the list of jobs in your project, and select the job(s) that you'd like to move to a new workflow.
- Once the job has been selected, click the magnifying glass icon 🔍 to apply the filter and only show the job you have selected.
- Once the page loads with the job you selected, click Actions. Select Move All to move the job to a different workflow. The Move Strings dialog will appear.
- Click the For the following language(s) field to select the languages that need to move to a new workflow. To move all languages, click Select All Locales.
- From the Workflow drop down menu, select the workflow to which you want to move the job.
- From the Workflow Step drop down menu, select the step in the workflow to which you want to move the job. If the job has not yet been translated, move the job to the translation step.
- A confirmation screen will appear showing you how many strings and words per language will be moved. To move jobs for all languages, click Move all strings for all locales.
To change the default workflow used by a project, see Set Your Default Workflow.
To customize your workflow, see Reorder Workflow Steps.
To add or assign a user to a workflow step, see Add a User to a Workflow Step.