If any errors occurred on an MT workflow step (e.g. invalid API key, unsupported language, placeholder or tag inconsistency), they’ll show up in the MT Profiles page.
- In the Account Settings dropdown, click on Integrations.
- Click on the MT Profiles tab
- Enter the MT Profile by clicking the profile name
- If there are any errors associated with the profile, they will show up in the yellow box.
- The error box is collapsed by default, so you’ll need to click on Show Details for more information.
- Click on Retry MT to retry the MT requests
- If the errors persist, they will appear again after a few minutes.
Types of MT Errors
If the MT error was found on all strings, it could mean that the MT provider's credentials are wrong or invalid. Ensure all credentials are accurate and then click Retry MT to retry the MT requests.
Another reason why errors can be found on all strings is if the languages pairs are invalid. Ensure languages pairs correctly mapped from the MT provider and Smartling.
If the MT error was found on some strings, it could mean that placeholders and/or tags in the translations do not match those in the source strings. This means that placeholders/tags could be different, invalid, or in a different location in the translations.
Another reason why errors can be found on some strings is if the MT provider failed to respond to the request. This could be due to any number of reasons, including a network error. In this scenario, just wait a couple of moments before clicking Retry MT to retry the MT requests.